China Won the 11th Golden Spike, Back to Top of the Gold Medals List
Ruishenbao Analytical (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
Key word： GSSP, IUGS, RUISHENBAO,
In June 2018, the International Union of Geological Sciences(IUGS) has unanimously voted to approve the proposal of Zengjia Rock Section in Wuliu Village, Balang County, Guizhou Province, China, as a GSSP in Series 3 Stage 5 of Cambrian system. It ends the research and selection of the Golden Spike for more than 20 years by the International Subcommission on Cambrian Stratigraphy. This is also the 11th Golden Spike that our country has obtained. At this point, China once again surpassed Italy(10) with 11 Golden Spikes, ranking the top of the world's Golden Spikes list!
The 11 shining Golden Spikes are as follows:
(1) Ordovician Darriwilian Stage -- Huannitang Section in Tangshan County, Zhejiang Province--Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology
(2) Triassic Indian Stage -- Coal Mountain D Section in Changxin County, Zhejiang Province--Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology, Chinese University of Geology(Wuhan)
(3) Cambrian Paibian Stage -- Paibi Section in Huahuan County, Hunan Province--Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology
(4) Permian Wuchiapingian Stage -- Penglai Beach South Bank Section in Laibin County, Guangxi Province--Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology
(5) Permian Changxingian Stage -- Coal Mountain D Section in Changxing County, Zhejiang Province --Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology
(6) Ordovician Hirnantian Stage -- Wangjia Bay North Section in Yichang City, Hubei Province--Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology
(7) Cambrian Guzhangian Stage -- Yi Creek Section in Guzhang County, Hunan Province--Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology
(8) Ordovician Dapingian Stage -- Huanghua Field Section in Yichang City, Hubei Province--Wuhan Research Institute of Geology and Mineral (now Wuhan Survey Center of Geology)
(9) Carboniferous Weixianian Stage -- Pengchong Section in Liuzhou City, Guangxi Province--Resarch Institute of Geology of Chinese Academy of Geology
(10) Cambrian Jiangshanian Stage -- Duibian Section in Jiangshan City, Zhejiang Province--Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology
(11) Cambrian Wuliuian Stage -- Wuliu Zengjia Rock Section in Balang Village, Jianhe County, Guizhou Province--Nanjing Institute of Geology and Palaeontology,Guizhou University
The core of the " Golden Spike" is to use the "first appearance" of a standard fossil with global comparative significance as the standard for the classification and comparison of related strata. Once it is spiked(namely established) somewhere in the world, this site becomes an "international standard" for a geological age. By comparison, it is possible to map out the "age" of other rock layers. thus in chronostratigraphy it is the unified “Duliangheng” (the collective name of objects to measure length, volume and weight), solving the difficulties of stratigraphic division and contrast caused by the definition confusion and lack of unity. And it also helps to solve identification errors of geological events that occur simultaneously in different parts of the world.
However, the establishment and approval of Golden Spikes is not an easy task, but an extremely rigorous and long process. The geological section must have a series of conditions such as convenient transportation, well-developed rock layers, abundant fossil content, and wide distribution, and easiness to identify. The establishment of a Golden Spike usually marks a country's comprehensive research ability in the field of geosciences to reach the world's leading level. This is not only the glory of geologists, but also the country's supreme honor. It can be said that the birth of 11 Golden Spikes is the result of hard work of workers in the geological industry in China, and it is also an acknowledgement of the comprehensive ability of geological work in China.
As a manufacturer of sample pretreatment equipment, Ruishenbao Analytical (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. has built the professional team and obtained understanding of the industry. with customer-centric, technology-based and service-oriented philosophy, it has gradually won high praise and widespread trust of the industry and many customers, and has become a partner of geological industry units such as the Wuhan Geological Survey Center. It is truth that RUISHENBAO devices assist the geological industry research work to obtain more progress and honor. Among them, UHPS ultra-high pressure sample preparation equipment, technology and methods have solved the problem of some geological samples that can not be effectively pressed under low pressure or without binder. The realization of sample preparation with non-destruction, no interference, no dilution effect for XRF analysis, comprehensively improves the detection limit, precision, accuracy and long-term stability of the XRF measurement method. At the same time, it provides stable and safe pressure control and great reproducibility. Therefore, it gradually expands its application in the sample treatment of geological industries such as the Institute of Geophysical and Geochemical Exploration of the Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences and Guangzhou Institute of Marine Geological Survey.
+86 400-871-8622 +86 21-60516422
+86 400-871-8622 +86 21-60516422